Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's been awhile...

It's been a little while since I last posted...It's been a crazy week. I am going to post a few bar spots in a moment but I figured I'd clue you in as to why I haven't been blogging in so long..

As I said, I was going to West Palm Beach Florida for a bit and my first blog post will be about a really good restaurant/bar there and an excellent cocktail I had with a girlfriend. But this week alone has been a long, sad, happy week.

For one I spent every day at the Conch House this week. On Monday, I arrived to visit a friend where my boyfriend and I received news that a friend of ours had passed away.

On Tuesday, it was one of the conch house regulars birthdays so a celebration was in order.

On Wednesday, it was my friends memorial ceremony and I spent most of the day at that event.

On Thursday, I actually went home to visit my family to celebrate St. Patrick's Day a day late, so I got to eat corn beef and cabbage which is always excellent :).

Then Yesterday, Friday, somehow I ended up at the Conch House again...

And today, I'm sure I'll end up their shortly. Yesterday and today the Conch House plays hosts to a Wahoo fishing tournament. I love to go watch them bring in the fish, fillet them and weigh them. Only four out of 60 fishing boats went out yesterday so today should be pretty interesting. I believe that the record fish yesterday was 58lbs. So I'll upload pictures later this week but expect a blog post to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THE BLOG. Spent many a year in St. Augustine. I would only differ by putting TradeWinds no1. LOL. BTW That video you shot at Tradewinds I did a couple of years ago. I have another one or two on YouTube but you are welcome to use it. Both the Milltop and the White Lion really rocked the planet in the late 70s, but are not what they used to be. Another great place up the road A1A is Petes in Neptune Beach. My home in the 70s LOL. Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete