Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Short Hop and a Sudden Stop

What's better than having a large glass of red wine, on a rainy while writing a blog about bar hopping. What's better than that. Plus I'm about to have a pulled pork sandwhich from my favorite barbecue place Park Avenue (South Florida West Palm Beach, Jupiter Chain). Tonights going to be a goodnight...

So the bar hop that was meant to happen on Wednesday kind of happened. It just wasn't quite the bar crawl that we were planning. The crawl started at around 12:30 and the guys started out at the "World Famous" Oasis Lounge near St. Augustine beach then the crawl took them up to Jacks BBQ on A1a beach where they spent a good chunk of time. The Oasis is somewhat of a neat bar, if you sit upstairs at the bar and open the windows the ocean breeze comes soaring in but its not on the water and for being on the east side of a1a I feel like it should be. I still enjoy it for a cocktail but not the first place I'd for drink. It's also a really big stop for bikers especially for Daytona's bike week.



They actually spent so much time at Jacks I was able to meet up with them at four o'clock after I was done with my classes. When I got there a bunch of people had showed up for some time. Jacks bbq is actually a really neat location which I will get into a little more later. When I got there i had a margarita on the rocks with salt (of course) while everyone Else drank beer. Its on a1a across from the beach. It has mostly out door seating, a covered out door bar and a patio area that is complete with its own pool (which I wouldn't swim in unless I had a few cocktails). They also have surprisingly good food, I absolutely love a good pulled pork sandwich and this place offers them. I like a sweeter barbecue sauce but regardless it was still good. Jacks will be a blog topic later.

We finally around 5:30 moved up a1a to stop at a restaurant called Sunset Grill. The food here is okay but we had cocktails in mind. They have a small outdoor sitting area but its a pretty nice area and its a good socializing spot, this is where I had one more margarita. After my drink here I ran home for about an hour to get some study time for a big test i had the next day in my Marketing class (my least favorite class).

Later I met up with everyone at the Conch house lounge and marina, which by now I still haven't learned that this place should be our last stop. Its my boyfriend and I's favorite bar in St. Augustine, good food, great drinks and great people. I love this place, it is right on the water and has so much to offer. Its a smoking bar but you'd never know because of all the open doors and windows. This will probably be the first individual bar that I talk about. It is definitly my favorite place and I can't wait to write about it. We stayed here all night, the lounge closes at 11 but we fortunate enough to have a friend with a small boat down there so we hung out there for a couple hours till we went home and crashed. it was a good day overall not what we expected but no complaints. Next blog to come soon

I'm actually spending the weekend in West Palm Beach so maybe I'll write about an interesting bar here if I decide to go out. Hope you enjoy reading my posts thus far.

The Above photos are of the counch house lounge

taken from the conch house website

No comments:

Post a Comment