Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ke'e Grill

I went to one of the best restaurants ever when I visited south Florida this past weekend. One of my best friends, who lives in Jupiter Florida, invited my boyfriend and I out to dinner with her parents. It had been a couple months since we had seen them so it was such a pleasure that they invited us. The restaurant that they took us to was called the Ke'e Grill, by far the best seafood I have ever had. The prices run on a little more of the expensive side but it is well worth it.

The Ke'e Grill is located at 14020 US Hwy 1, Juno Beach Florida, 33408 (at Donald Ross Rd).

The way you know that it is an excellent restaurant? It is always crowded. My friend's parents even made a reservation but we still had to wait another 15 minutes, which they didn't mind since they knew what kind of food laid ahead. The restaurant has a great fancy, tiki restaurant/lounge vibe but there is only inside seating, none outside. The room you sit in is surrounded by large windows. To make it feel more tropical they place tiki torches and palm trees to completely cover the windows on the outside so it feels a little more tropical.

There is a full bar with plenty of seating and a diverse martini menu which I will get to shortly.

The food is excellent it really is. By far one of my best dining experiences I have had. They have an excellent menu. Unfortunately, Ke'e Grill doesn't have a website so the menu seemed relatively accurate to what I remember and you have to use travel sites or food rating sites, such as Urban Spoon to learn more about this fantastic place.
At dinner I had:
  • The House Salad with their creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
  • Some rolls at dinner
  • A glass of white wine, Meritage, Evolution
  • We split a bottle of red wine at dinner
  • Entree: Chilean Seabass Piccata: sauteed, lemon, white wine caper sauce (no capers for me) and two side dishes, green beans and spinach maria.

Everything was excellent, my boyfriend got Sweet Potato Crusted fresh fish with a mango remoulade and my friend got the Palm Beach Snapper which comes sauteed, tomato provolone sauce, artichoke hearts and hearts of palm (sauce on the side) which all was good.

After our meal, my friends parents left and my boyfriend, friend, and I decided to have a couple cocktails at the bar since she knew the bartender. The martini/specialty drink menu was quite interesting. I convinced my girlfriend to have a martini made with my favorite vodka which is called 44 degrees north, its a huckleberry vodka, thus making her cocktail incredibly sweet. My boyfriend had a drink called the 19th hole which was made with Jeremiah Weed Sweet tea vodka and I had a pomegranate martini and a pear martini.


The pomegranate martini (I love pomegranates) is made with a pomegranate vodka(probably Pearl) mixed with Pom (fruit juice) and has a splash a syrup to cut down the bitterness of the Pom cocktail.

The Pear Martini was just simple Grey Goose La Poire (pear vodka) with a splash of Peach Schnapps.

Both were excellent cocktails. This restaurant is a must stop next time one is in south Florida, I believe there is multiple locations but I cannot speak for those. Check out the one in Juno for excellent food, great ambiance, excellent service and a wide variety. It will be well worth the time and money.

No comments:

Post a Comment